Q1 & Q2 – 2020 .CLUB PREMIUM NAME SALES REPORT
The first half of 2020 has presented immense challenges to individuals and businesses everywhere as together we face the impact of a global pandemic. While many industries have seen a resulting downturn in sales, the domain industry in general has not been hit as hard given the digital nature of our business. In addition, the “stay at home” trends have encouraged an increase in online activity, including the launch of digital versions of many businesses and new online businesses, creating new demand for domain names and related services. For .CLUB in particular, the company has experienced an increase in premium sales during the first half of 2020. This increase, we believe, is attributed to the increase in online activity in general, as well as the strong need for businesses and individuals to connect and congregate virtually online. As a meaningful domain extension, .CLUB is particularly well suited for the growing number of online communities.
H1 2020 PREMIUM SALES HIGHLIGHTS
The highlights below are for the period of January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020 unless otherwise noted.
- .CLUB generated a total of $387,429 in premium retail sales from all sources for Q1 & Q2; a total of 3,738 domains; a 5.4% annualized increase over 2019.
- We saw continued popularity of short domains, particularly domains that are 3, 4, and 6 characters long, which experienced sales velocity and popularity in the West and East (China).
|Length||Sales||# of Domains Sold|
- Sales by Price Tier shows strength across low to high price points.
|Tier Retail Price||Top 5 By % Total Revenue|
- Top 5 Registrars based on .CLUB premium sales:
|Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd. d/b/a HiChina (www.net.cn)|
- Notable domains sold during the first half of 2020 include:
- Stream.club sold at NameCheap (an online streaming platform to host paid events and classes) for $9,110.
- We.club sold at NameCheap for $9,110.
- Med.club sold at Godaddy for $7,000.
- Collectors.club sold at Godaddy for $7,000.
- Mix.club sold at Alibaba HiChina for $1,532.
- Dragon.club sold at Alibaba HiChina for $1,532.
- Zo.club sold at Dynadot for $4,210.
- Wealth.club sold at Unigegistrar for $6,310.
- Paint.club sold at RU-Center for $3,286.
- Hip.club sold at Gandi for $3,604.
- .CLUB Continues to show strong global reach with Premium Sales in many territories including:
- United States
- and more…
- Our Names.club platform continues to see traction with the 60-month “Easy Payments” financing program. There are currently 136 Active Subscriptions for .CLUB names with a total value of $668,278. Some notable names being financed include:
- Auto.club ($67,500)
- Deals.club ($34,425)
- Love.club ($18,000)
- VR.club ($13,000)
- And many more.
Premium name sales continues to be an important revenue stream for .CLUB. Since our launch in 2014 we have generated in excess of $8 million in Premium Name Sales through a variety of channels, including through our tier premium program at registrars, aftermarkets such as Sedo, our own platform at Names.club, and directly by the registry. China continues to be a significant market for premium .CLUB names, and sales by registrars throughout the world continue to reinforce the global appeal of the .CLUB domain extension.
You can download a PDF of this report here.
For more information please visit www.get.club.